Sunday, May 31, 2009

its been nearly a year since ive been here.
i havent had words
none that were good enough
none that could hold
everything that has happened.
my last poem was about a fight i had with my girlfriend.
my now ex girlfriend.
if that was all there was,
well i would not have stayed away so long.

but there is more.

i am walking home from the subway on a random summer eve when i hear the little chime of my phone telling me i have a message. my brother in law is crying. its hard to make out what he is saying. but i heard it. he said, "your mother is dead."

my mom is dead.
she died on august 4th, 2008,
and i have been waiting since then to have words.
i wanted to have some way to say this,
something powerful
something eloquent
something that would be enough to hold all of the months since.
but i still don't
maybe i never will.
maybe the only words that have enough strength to hold this are these:

my mom is dead.

1 Comments:

Blogger jessica slack said...

come back . . . either way you should be here because you are here and if you are going to be here you might as well give it everything ya got. you effect me, for some reason you always have. head and hearts collide.

October 01, 2009 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home